Saturday, October 07, 2006

My New Roommate



Whom did you ask

Before taking up residence with me?


Why do you stare at me so

With those malevolent dark beady eyes,


When I have done nothing

Except mind my own business?


You respect my space,

Very little baggage you have brought in with you.


You seem the strong silent type,

You have resisted all my attempts to get closer to you.


Holding yourself aloof...

Do you not yearn for human contact?


Have you perhaps suffered

Trauma at a very young impressionable age?


For there is a dullness in your eye,

Except, when you stalk your unwitting prey.


There is a sense of sadism in you,

Primal nature, brutality, a pleasure in the hunt.


I find vile and disgusting

That dreadful chomping, as your unlucky meal struggles down your throat.


Unasked you have come

And overstayed your welcome.


I beseech you earnestly - Leave

And take that wiggling tail that you seem to have dropped with you...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so is this the same roomate you've been petting since an year maddy?
the same cat??

Maddy said...

Why would a cat leave its tail behind? :P

Siddharth Chaudhari said...

hey maddy! great to see you've resumed blogging...

the little i have come to know of the corporate world, it is ze madhouse. fun if you like your work, a slow painful death otherwise... choose your job carefully dude...

and yeah, prepare for interviews from now itself, it helps a lot

Siddharth Chaudhari said...

http://www.forbes.com/capsule

and i didnt realise it was my 3rd post; love does that to you i guess :p

thanks for letting know...

Arvind Krishna said...

I sit here and couldn't give a fuck,
"Why me", say I, cursing my own luck,
Whatever made you write this doggerel,
So unimaginative and without parallel.

I thought write some poetry of my own :)
nice one though. assume the compliments