Sunday, October 09, 2005

My Family, Part 1

There should be a book written about my family. Certainly, it would be rather short, for most of them live normal, boring lives, and it probably wouldn’t sell very well, but it would be a goodround characters ranging from one end of the spectrum to the other. (I personally don’t like the term, but my Literature professor insists that it’s the official term for characters that develop during the story, as opposed to a flat character) But I digress, let me start off with the head of the family, my father...
book, for it would contain all the elements of a good drama, a good plot, tragedy, humour, jealousy, betrayal, a dash of romance, and lots of

One of the tallest persons I know, he is an associate dean at a business and law school. A control freak if I ever saw one, his admittedly short temper doesn’t help him any in his job. It’s my personal belief that his employees are downright terrified of him, especially the secretaries who work there. I understand their perspective I suppose (most are rather short, perhaps five feet max), so he must look like a ten foot tall ogre, with an insatiable appetite for perfection. It does break my heart sometimes to see them scurry out of his way as he takes long strides down the corridors of power, but such behaviour does have it’s perks. My family and I get royal treatment whenever we visit him at the office, though it gets embarrassing after a while to keep refusing (or in my case, accepting) endless offers of drinks and biscuits…

He has an unusual fondness for video games however, especially one called Lunar Ball and another called Battle City (where he likes to be the yellow bot)

How to get on his good side, hmm… Nope, sorry… you can’t. So don’t even try.

More to come later...

1 comment:

cicatrix said...

Welcome to the world of the people whu r completely useless in real life aka the blogging community